Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The good, and the bad.



So I came to realize that babies, just like big people :) have good and bad days. Yesterday was one of those days where you want to pull your hair out and cry. Trust me, I love my daughter more then anything on this planet, she is my life, my all. But all day yesterday, no matter what I did she cried and cried. I bounced, I walked, I fed, I made the mandatory funny faces and silly sounds, there was different toys, and different blankets... it was just one of those days.

And today? She's a complete angel. As I type this she is in her bouncy seat, chewing on her Mindy (a mini blanket with a little stuffed monkey attached), smiling ear to ear, making the sweetest little squeals and giggles. These are the days I pray for as a Mother. Today will hopefully continue to be a day where I realize that yes, I can be a good Mom. Because no matter what any Mother says, we all have days like yesterday where we cry and tell our husbands that we feel like awful mothers and that no matter how hard we try we cannot make our own children happy. Luckily, I have the best husband in the world and he explained that I was doing nothing wrong, Iz was just simply having a bad day.

How many times have I used that line? People ask me, "What's wrong with you?" and I reply as if it's the cure all answer... "Nothing, I'm just simply having a bad day." Why can't I give my own daughter the same liberty, to just simply say, "Mom, I'm just having a bad day, and it's nothing you've done. In all honesty, just leave me be."? Because yes, my three month old would speak that eloquently :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember lily would have those days and I would just cry and cry cause I wouldn't know what to do. Now when I have a bad day and cry she will come and hug me and give me kisses. Its amazing how fast they learn to comfort others. You have so many amazing things to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete